1.1. Process for Subscribing a Guardian to Email/Text in School Messenger
rocess for Subscribing a Guardian to Email/Text in School Messenger
Login to SchoolMessenger
Click the ‘System’ tab at the top of the screen
Choose the ‘Contacts’ sub tab
Under ‘Search Options’, choose ‘Search by Person’
Type the name of the student (or their student ID) in the text box and press ‘Search’
Under ‘Destinations’, there should be a number of ‘phones, emails, and sms’ mentioned. Click on this
Scroll to the bottom of the page until you can see the guardians listed
Under ‘Actions’, click ‘View’ for the guardian who needs their information updated
Click the ‘Edit’ button toward the top of the page
From here you can manually update ‘Consent’ as well as how the guardian would like to receive messages by selecting/deselecting the available checkboxes next to each contact type
When finished making changes, click ‘Save’
1.2. SMS Opt-in Short Code
If someone wants to opt into Shores SMS messages, they can send text "y" or "yes" to 67587.
1.3. How to Generate a Staff List by Building
To generate a list of staff members by a particular school, follow these steps:
1. Once you've logged into SchoolMessenger, click on the "System" tab at the top of the page
2. From the "System" tab, choose "Contacts"
3. Within the Contacts page, under the search options, select "Search by Rules"
4. Change the "Field" dropdown box to "school", select the school you wish to filter by under the "Value" category, and press "Add" (This will give you a list of all contacts at that particular school)
5. To continue filtering that particular school's contact list by staff members, go back to the "Rules" section and choose "Contact Type" from the "Select a Field" dropdown box
6. Choose "is" and then select "Staff"
7. Press the "Add" button. The search results should then display a filtered list of staff members for the school that was chosen in step four
1.4. Creating Lists Filtered by Grade in SchoolMessenger
In order to create a broadcast list in SchoolMessenger, the following steps may be followed:
- When logged into SchoolMessenger, press the "Broadcasts" tab on the top of the screen
- You will be brought automatically to the "Lists" sub-tab. Click on "Add New List" on the top right of this page
- Create the list based on your needs, filling out "List Name" and "Description" appropriately
- Under these fields, you will see "List Rules". Select the field of "Grade Level" on this dropdown, and you will see "is" and "is NOT" as options
- Select whatever grade level(s) you wish to send the message to
- Select "add", and your page will update with the amount of contacts with this grade level indicated
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, where you will see a "Done" button. Select this button and it will save your list
When you are finished with this process, you should be able to view your newly created list in the "Broadcasts" sub-tab when you go to select what list you want to send your notification to.